Where do the days go? How can so many pass so quickly? I better get you caught up on what is going on.

First, what has come in? Another Duesenberg Starplayer, maybe the last one for a while (no one can tell me exactly when I might get another, and I waited 1 1/2 years for the 4 I've recently received). A Tom Anderson Cobra in Jacks Blue Burst came in today. I'll get photos soon.
I have 5 Eastman instruments coming tomorrow. My first lefty archback, a 400 series flattop, an AR810CE, and I don't remember the other 2. One is a mandolin I think. I'll know tomorrow!

My 24 guitar order from Peerless is almost ready to ship. I hope to have them at the end of the month. Wait until you see these guitars. Wait until you see how they are priced.

I spoke to Rickenbacker again (I'm the eternal optimist!). The last time we spoke was 1/09 and they told me 2 more years before leftys will be made. I made a "I'm still wanting to order a bunch of leftys" call anyway. They were courteous as always and actually told me to come see them at NAMM in January. They were not quite as certain about no leftys for 2 years in this conversation. So, maybe there is hope.

We are back to working on the shop this week (sorry if I missed any of your calls). I've decided to enclose another 300 square feet that I already had under roof. I was going to have a couple of covered parking spaces, but I see myself needing more space in the near future. I'm not going to finish the space, just enclose it. This will of course slow me down a bit on getting into the shop, but I'll be better served later on by doing it. I picked up another 500 square feet of oak for the floor on Monday. I think that will give me enough with what I already had. I'm going to do some experimenting with aniline dyes. I want some colors that don't exist in natural woods.
With what I want to do with the floors, I may be months longer working on the shop than I planned. I love doing patterns in the floors in hardwood. It is almost a dying art. When I went to buy the oak, the warehouse that used to be filled with stacks of unfinished wood ready to be installed and sanded is now filled to the rafters with prefinished glue down flooring. I bought all the unfinished they had and they were glad to be rid of it.

1 comment:

Back...

Back to Jerry's Lefty Guitars

Click on any guitar photo on this blog for a LARGE photo.