Working on the shop 8/17/09

Lee and I worked on the new shop all day today (well, a time out for a pickup installation and guitar shipment). All but one section of exterior wall is up (left an opening so all the material does not have to come through a 3' door opening), and the roof is on. The floor is framed up about 20" off the ground (the shop overlooks a creek that floods fairly often) and we will be putting the subfloor down sometime tomorrow. I plan on putting a hardwood floor down of all the different woods I have used over the years building houses. I have maple, oak, santos mahogany, brazilian walnut, australian cedar, and who knows what else. I have saved wood from almost every flooring job for the last 20 years. I think a guitar shop needs a wood floor. The shop will be divided into an electric and acoustic section. People ask me if the two sections will be able to be closed off from each other so people can play in one section without interfering with someone else playing. I just laugh. Not much chance of running into two leftys coming here the same time on the same day. I think it has happened 3 times in 22 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back...

Back to Jerry's Lefty Guitars

Click on any guitar photo on this blog for a LARGE photo.